Thank you to Lynda Sullivan, Amy Cooper, Angela Powell and Laurie Iba for volunteering to serve on this year’s PTA Budget Committee at our March 1st PTA Meeting.
There are three basic steps in developing a PTA budget:
- Determine the PTA’s goals and objectives and assign costs to them.
- Develop a revenue source to cover the costs of the goals and objectives.
- Reconcile or balance steps 1 and 2 with each other.
Do you Chair an existing PTA program or event at Alki? We look for your assistance in updating the budget requests for our PTA events each year. Any line item budget requests not submitted will be at the sole discretion of the Budget Committee to determine funding. Do you have a new idea or program you’d like to propose for PTA support? Present your proposal at the next general PTA meeting for membership consideration! As mentioned in Principal Deese’s Friday Flashback March 2nd, there was discussion around PTA funding keypad secured entry for our building at our March PTA meeting. This proposal will be brought to our membership at April 4th’s general membership meeting. Please join us to share your voice and vote to determine whether or not PTA supports immediate allocation of PTA funds towards this cause.
Please find PTA Budget Request Forms in the information rack outside the office or download at alkipta.com and turn them in to the PTA Mailbox by Monday, April 2nd or email to email@example.com. The Alki PTA Budget process is as follows:
- Monday, Apr. 2 – ALL PTA Budget Request Forms are due in the PTA Mailbox or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff requests are submitted to Principal Deese.
- Principal Deese reviews and passes on to the PTA Treasurer
- April – PTA Treasurer and Budget Committee meet 2-3 times to carefully and thoughtfully review and approve, partially fund or deny submitted budget requests and create proposed 2018-2019 Alki PTA Budget that is in line with the expected income (expected income to be estimated by Treasurer and Budget Committee based on previous years’ income and taking into account volunteer capabilities, leadership and historical trends.)
- Requestors will be informed if their request was approved, partially funded or denied in the proposed budget
- May 3rd General PTA Meeting – Proposed PTA Budget is presented to general membership 30 days prior to vote – discussion and feedback welcome – edits made as needed
- June 6th General PTA Meeting – PTA Budget vote by general membership at last PTA meeting of the year