Have fun while making a difference in our kids’ lives!
It is time for us to come together as a community and figure out how to help our Alki kids and shape the future of child advocacy at Alki PTA.
We want to create a well-rounded board that includes voices that are representative of our whole Alki community. A Board made up of leaders of all races, colors, nationalities, genders, ethnicities, cultural background, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and family make-ups or circumstances.
We are looking for people who have:
- A passion for our students’ emotional, physical, and educational success
- A desire to community build, have fun, and create a deep connection between our school and family events
- A desire for increased and enhanced family engagement
- A desire to serve our immediate and surrounding community
- A desire to work with a team of dedicated parents supporting each other, the mission, and the kids
If you want to be a part of a 100 year old advocacy organization that has a huge impact on our kids at Alki, join the Board!
We want to support the next set of leaders and help remove road blocks that may prevent someone from serving on the Board. If you are interested but concerned about the time commitment, childcare, cost, anything, please reach out, we want to make it possible for anyone with a passion to lead.
Questions? Contact Vanessa Longacre-Wilcox