Over the next two months, as a school community, we get to (and need to) select the 2018 – 2019 Alki PTA leaders. Think about what you want PTA to look like, and who might be the perfect person to run it. Toss your own name in for consideration or nominate someone you think will be great. Skip to the Role Descriptions
Interested but need more information?
Join us at Ampersand Café on Alki on 3/21 any time between 5:30 – 7:00 to ask questions about what serving on the PTA is like, specifics about job roles, or any other question you may have. It will be a casual question and answer session. Come any time and stay as long (or as short) as you have time for. We’ll give you real talk about the fun, the opportunities, and the tasks associated with the work.
Please email Vanessa at LongacreWilcox@outlook.com
What roles are we looking for?
As you look at the roles below, please know that we want to find ways for people who want to be involved to do so. If your time is limited or you are concerned about childcare but you are excited by one of these opportunities, please reach out and let’s figure out a way to make it work!
President and Vice President:
Are you passionate about leading, collaborating, and community building?
These two roles are the core of the leadership team. The President position is a one year term with the Vice President taking over the following year for a one year term. They not only work together to run the show, but they also partner with the school and community to make sure that PTA is doing what it can to keep Alki families informed and connected.
Do you enjoy working with numbers? Do you love to keep things on track? The Treasurer role is for you!
This role is a one-year position and is responsible for keeping our financials on track, clearly documented, and communicated to our general membership (and the IRS! But don’t worry, if this sounds scary, we have help with this part!)
Do you have a knack for organization and communicating clearly about important topics?
This one-year role makes sure that PTA business is correctly documented and communicated. Help draft and create information for new parents about PTA, document meetings, and keep us on track as an organization. This is a great position if you are new to PTA and want to get to learn on the job while fulfilling a much-needed role.
For more details about the duties of each role, please CLICK HERE.
The Nominations Committee goals are to:
- Create a well-rounded and passionate Board that includes voices representative of our whole Alki community.
- Create a Board made up of leaders that value respectful communication, collaboration, and working with teachers, staff, and families to support and advocate for children.
- Create a Board that is fun to be a part of and supports each other.
We are looking for people who have:
- A passion for our students’ emotional, physical, and educational success
- A desire to community build, have fun, and create a deep connection between our school and family events
- A desire for increased and enhanced family engagement
- A desire to serve our immediate and surrounding community
- A desire to work with a team of dedicated parents supporting each other, the mission, and the kids
If you want to be a part of a 100 year old advocacy organization that has a huge impact on our kids at Alki, join the Board!
Please feel free to reach out to Vanessa with any questions or for more information: LongacreWilcox@outlook.com