Presented by Families of Color Seattle
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
6:00 – 8:30 PM
RSVP at tinyurl.com/FOCworkshop2019
Trainers from Families Of Color Seattle will lead a dialogue workshop where parents and educators will grow their understanding of systemic racism and creating inclusive and anti-racist learning spaces for children. The dialogue will focus on deeper self-awareness of power, privilege, affinity group work and racial equity. Together through sharing narratives, we work towards the goal of increasing parent engagement in undoing racism, growing inclusive spaces for children of color and raising all children with anti-oppression values.
Pizza and refreshments will be provided.
This is an adults only event, but free childcare will be provided in the gymnasium.
Questions? Contact Tom Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dialogue Workshop Outline:
- Goals , Intro of FOCS: Why are we together?
- Content- Foundational lens
- Video (social construct of race, historical systemic oppression, white privilege)
- Defining common language
- Intersectional identities
- Dialogue- Community Agreements
- Breakout Group 1 , Report Back
- Dialogue- Family Experiences
- Group Dialogue 2
- Anti-racist Policies & Anti-Bias Resources