CONGRATS TO THE 29 ALKI THESPIANS THAT REGISTERED FOR ALKI’S FIRST ONLINE MUSICAL!
(Registration is now closed. Thank you.)
What Even IS an Online Musical You May Ask?
Super Happy Awesome News was written to be rehearsed remotely, performed virtually, and shared with audiences online. The storyline is linear, made up of monologues and songs intended to be performed as solos. When these scenes are recorded and played in sequence, it presents a complete musical theater experience available to any audience with an internet connection. Actors will practice their parts, design their own sets and costumes at home and receive music/acting/scene direction each week during online rehearsals. Ultimately – their final performance will be recorded by parent/guardian camerapersons and the video sent to our technical director who will edit it all together for our final production! Super Happy Awesome News was created during the COVID-19 pandemic and made specifically for all the young performers and communities affected by this unprecedented circumstance.
2021 Marks the 10th Anniversary of Alki PTA’s Musical Program!
Although it will look different this year we believe with a little creativity and tenacity we will come away with a memorable experience for Alki students and an inspiring show for our community that will carry on our Alki PTA Musical tradition! For more information please plan to attend the Zoom Q&A and/or reach out to Amy Cooper firstname.lastname@example.org
100% Produced and Directed by Alki Parent Power!
- Director: Amy Cooper
- Music Director: Sean Meckley
- Technical Director: Mike Uehara-Bingen
What You Need To Know!
Super Happy Awesome News Synopsis!
Two siblings launch rival “good news” networks and find themselves competing for the title of happiest news show. Soon, their correspondents are in a whirlwind of ecstatic musical reporting – from joyful weather forecasts, to cheerful cooking segments and blissful political updates! But, when vulnerability starts peeking through the euphoric facade, they’re left wondering: is there room for raw honesty on a super happy broadcast?
Registration Information! (UPDATE: REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED)
- Open to Alki’s 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade Thespians – all eligible students who want to participate will be cast – please consider the expectations and commitment before registering.
- View Roles/Song Information – have your student consider what role(s) they would prefer prior to registering in order to complete “Role Preference” section. (View “Actor Roles” here)
- Online Registration Form Due: Friday February 12th
- Registration Donation Benefitting Alki PTA – Suggested donation of $40 per student. Scholarship requests and/or “Pay What You Can” donations accepted (link to Alki Square Site in online registration form).
- Zoom Rehearsal Schedule – February 25th – April 1st. Tuesdays/Thursdays 3:00pm – 5:00pm. (including audition day – 12 sessions total).
- Tentative Premiere (of pre-recorded show): The week of April 5th – April 9th!
Zoom Auditions – Tuesday, February 23rd 3:00-5:00pm.
All performers will want to familiarize themselves with the script and vocal tracks prior to auditions but there is no need to memorize or prepare anything in advance.
Dates to Remember!
- Tuesday, February 9 (6:30-7:30pm): Q&A Zoom Meeting
- Friday February 12: Musical Registration Due
- Tuesday, February 23 (3:00-5:00pm): Zoom Auditions
- Tuesday/Thursdays, February 25 – April 1 (3:00pm – 5:00pm): Rehearsals
- The week of April 5 – April 9: Tentative Premiere!