It’s time to show our gratitude to our wonderful teachers and staff at Alki! The theme for this year’s Staff Appreciation Week is ‘BAR NONE – We have the best staff around’! Each day will feature a themed snack bar, with a Taco Bar potluck luncheon on Friday. Please visit the SignupGenius (tinyurl.com/StaffAppreciation18) to donate time, food items or cash to the cause. And don’t forget to take a moment to say thanks to the incredible people that teach, guide and take care of our kids every day of the year!
- Monday, May 7: COFFEE BAR
Fresh coffee and homemade treats will greet teachers in the new and improved Staff Lounge!
- Tuesday, May 8: YOGURT BAR
Get the day off to a healthy start with a yummy yogurt, fruit and granola breakfast!
- Wednesday, May 9: SNACK BAR
We’ll keep the staff feeling peppy all day with popcorn, candy and other treats!
- Thursday, May 10: BAGEL BAR
Bagels, schmears and smiles! Please visit the signup genius to donate to the bagel fund!
- Friday, May 11: TACO BAR
Potluck-style taco luncheon to end the week!
- CAR WASH: We’re looking for people to wash the staff’s cars while they are parked at school.
- VOLUNTEER SERVICE DAY: We need volunteers who can donate 2 hours of time sometime during that week for staff projects. Sign up and we will match you with a staff member!
- DINNER-IN-A-BASKET: Room parents will be coordinating this effort to create “dinner baskets” for their teacher to take home. Look for an email from your room parent.