UPDATE: The Alki Elementary PTA Anti-Racism Resolution has been revised and adopted as of the June 25, 2020 Special PTA Membership Meeting.
Special Meeting Scheduled for Thursday, June 25 (6:30 PM)
(Zoom link has been emailed in weekly Alki eNews)
- New Principal Introduction, Mason Skeffington.
- Adopt Anti-Racism Resolution
- Alki Elementary PTA Anti-Racism Resolution (see below), drafted by Alki’s Advocacy Committee, with Alki community input.
- What is a Resolution? A resolution is a way of expressing a commitment. It is a means to express the intent of the PTA to address a problem which affects children and requires action. (https://www.alkipta.com/about/resolutions/)
- PTA owned Instruments – Discuss selling unused instruments
- Over a decade ago, Alki PTA purchased musical instruments such as hand drums and glockenspiels to be used by an artist in residence for music. Those instruments have not been used for the past 5 years. We do have a collection of new musical instruments including drums and xylophones that belong to Alki school and were purchased by the district. At this meeting, there will be discussion around the option of selling the Alki PTA musical instruments for a suggested donation price to put the instruments in the hand of children and to use those funds to purchase a library of resources on anti-racism and social justice that will be available for Alki families.
- Food Pantry and COVID19 Relief Supplies at Alki
- Looking for volunteers to help lead this effort with support from recently awarded COVID Relief Grant Money