Starting this Thursday, your child will have the chance to start checking out school library books for at home reading. Alki Elementary will launch the year with multiple sessions over the next two weeks for students to get books and will have more consistent times moving forward for the rest of the year. All pick up will happen in the portables on the north side of our campus.
Please look for signage to direct you and wear your mask, thanks!
- Thursday, Sept. 17: 12:00- 1:00 PM and 3:30-6:30 PM
- Tuesday, Sept. 22: 12:00- 1:00 PM and 3:30-6:30 PM
- Thursday, Sept. 24: 12:00- 1:00 PM and 3:30-6:30 PM
- Tuesday, Sept. 29: 12:00- 1:00 PM and 3:30-6:30 PM
Starting in October:
- Second Friday of the month 3:30-6:30 pm
- Weekly Grade level pick up
- K/1 Mondays 12:00-1:00 pm
- 2/3 Tuesdays 12:00-1:00 pm
- 4/5th Thursdays 12:00-1:00 pm
How Does It Work?
Students will get to check out up to 5 books. They will point to the books they want and a volunteer will gather the books up and bring them to Ms. Iba to check out. Sorry they won’t be able to touch the books until they are checked out to them. We have to be very careful to follow all the guidelines.